Last weekend involved an EPIC drive. A total of 543 miles (according to Google maps) all in two days. It was one of the most beautiful drives I have been on in a long time. The colors were in most places peaking. Some still to come and others past. I don't have much to say but lots to show.
Off I-70 near Breckenridge.
Above picture is by Twin Lakes.
Heading to Aspen, CO for both the above and below shot. I shot while the car was moving, hence the slightly blurry pictures.
McClure Pass.
County Rd 12 was an amazing road for views and colors. The above picture is just getting on to County Rd 12 and all the below pictures till Crested Butte are from this road.

I think I went through all the seasons in one day.
Marcellina Mountain.
Near Kebler Pass.
Above is Crested Butte.
The Gunnison River.
Above: At Roaring Judy Fish Hatchery.
Above & Below: Cottonwood Pass (Continental Divide) connects Taylor Park Reservoir and Buena Vista, CO. Elevation here is 12,126 feet.
To end the epic journey (which was two hours short of the end of the drive) a bald eagle was spotted in South Park near Hartsel, CO. I was pretty happy to get this shot.
Even though these pictures account for many hours of sitting, it was well worth the trip.























Thank you!
ReplyDelete