About Me

My photo
I started this blog to share my love for photography. I enjoy the outdoors very much. Other interests are rock climbing, camping, spending time with friends, doing ministry, sports, traveling. The list could go on and on. I simply enjoy life.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Glacier National Park

Every year a group of our friends try and determine where we would like to go for the 4th of July (these trips are always camping trips). We have gone camping near Gunnison, CO. Another place was to the Holy Cross Wilderness (south of Vail). And last year we went to Mt. Sneffels (it was an epic trip since that is where I got engaged :)). 

This year we decided to go north. Our destination would be Glacier National Park. I have always wanted to go but never have had the opportunity to. It is about a 13-14 hour drive depending on which side of the park you are headed to first. 

All in all it was awesome. I only wish I had more time to explore. Oh,  and to get a grizzly bear picture. We only saw one small brown bear from a ways away while driving. One day I will get my grizzly bear picture (from a safe advantage point of course). 

Here are some pictures from my trips. Note that they are not in any particular order. 

Baby Mountain Goat 




 Bald Eagle


Bird Woman Falls (560' waterfall) 

Lake McDonald 





Always got to do some relaxing 

Iceberg Lake 

Real icebergs 

John and my friend Katherine hiking 

At St. Mary Lake 

Sunrise over Lake McDonald 




Sunrise 


My friend Nathanael posing at Lake Josephine 


McDonald Creek (all the water looked this blue because of the glaciers) 

The rocks were so colorful 

St. Mary Lake 

Stump at Lake McDonald 

Two Medicine Lake 

Two Medicine Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment