About Me

My photo
I started this blog to share my love for photography. I enjoy the outdoors very much. Other interests are rock climbing, camping, spending time with friends, doing ministry, sports, traveling. The list could go on and on. I simply enjoy life.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Camping at Snowblind

One would think that since I am a teacher I would have plenty of time to keep up with this blog during the summer. As you can see this is not the case.

About two weeks ago, a group of us decided to go camping. Our destination was Snowblind campground, in the Gunnison area. I do not have pictures of our camping experience outside of a hike but let me tell you we feasted everyday. I should have taken a picture of our last dinner together. It was epic. We pretty much had everything minus a cheesecake :). Next time we will bring the cheesecake!

The hike that we all picked was to start at Monarch Pass and follow the continental divide trail for a ways and then head down to our second car. We wanted to have lots of scenery with not quite so much elevation gain. The scenery was BEAUTIFUL but my body was not happy with me. Just coming back from the east side of the country a few days prior did not go over well. Thankfully, I didn't get elevation sickness but I did have legs that were not cooperating with what I wanted them to do. I was in so much pain by the end of the trip. What I thought to be a 6-7 mile hike ended up being more like 12-13. I was just glad I made it out alive. So because of the pain that I was experiencing pictures were not a forethought for me, therefore they are a little scarce. I was in survival mode.

Here is our group.


The scenery most of the way looked like this. We are going to hike near the left peak that you can see in the picture. I did not know this at the time. It's far!


I managed to get my camera out even though I did not feel like it at this point. I knew that I would regret it if I didn't take any pictures.



Somewhat Snowblind Campground is a field of wild flowers. They were really pretty.


On our way home, David wanted to go a different route to fish the Taylor River. So while he fished, I found some birds (Cliff Swallows) to take pictures of. 



This is Taylor Park Reservoir.



Heading up and over Cottonwood Pass. That is the windy road that we just came up.


No comments:

Post a Comment